1. POSITION VACANT: Occupational Therapist
The team at Mitchell Physiotherapy is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to join our practice on a casual, part time-fulltime or contract basis (to be discussed with the successful applicant). The successful applicant will take on a varied caseload at our Maitland practice. However, there may be work coming from our 2 branches at Kurri Kurri and Dungog. Maitland is 30 minutes out of Newcastle in the heart of the Hunter Valley, doorway to the Wine Country. Maitland is a vibrant growing city that is steeped in history. It offers its residents a great mix of activities and food, a great lifestyle.
You will be joining a team of 11 physiotherapists and a massage therapist who provide high care rehabilitation services to all sorts of patients, including sports injuries, chronic pain, workers compensation and motor accident claims, paediatrics, stroke rehabilitation, women’s and men’s health. As the team Occupational Therapist, you will be taking on a varied caseload of paediatrics and developmental issues, stroke rehabilitation, NDIS clientele, home assessment, and there is a possibility of employment related issues.
As part of the team, you will enjoy working with a dynamic group of professionals and administration staff, that strive to achieve optimal outcomes for all. You will enjoy flexible working arrangements that are family friendly and consider a work life balance. You will enjoy all the comforts a rural lifestyle with all the convenience of the city. Certain specialty areas you enjoy can be accommodated as caseloads and patient flow allows.
What you will need:
– Minimum tertiary Bachelor of Occupational Therapy qualification
– Professional registration with AHPRA as an Occupational Therapist
– Passion and enthusiasm for interacting, managing, planning, and treating patients of all walks along the lifespan – from infants and children to the elderly
– Interest in working with those with cognitive or physical disabilities in both a one-on-one and family centred approach to intervention
– A drive to better yourself and further your education with a helpful professional development allowance for suitable courses.
– A current drivers licence for home visits
– Thorough planning and reporting ability for NDIS and 3rd party requests / communications;
– Excellent planning skills
– Excellent communication skills
– A passion to achieve outcomes
– Ability to apply initiative and be self motivated
To apply for this position please email us a short letter (one page) discussing how you meet the above criteria. All applications will be considered, and decisions will be made on interview. If you require more information, please contact Larissa Strang 4933 6895, email: email@example.com
Applications close 21st July 2018
2. POSITION VACANT: Accredited Exercise Physiologist
Located over three locations in the Hunter Valley we are a well-established and progressive practice with a loyal existing client base, and a great doctor network.
We are seeking a motivated, driven, and passionate Exercise Physiologist to join our growing team.
– Development and implementation of tailored exercise rehabilitation programs.
– Rehabilitating injured persons back to full health.
– Liaison with health professionals, insurers, employers.
– Full accreditation through Exercise Sport Science Australia (ESSA) as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist – or eligibility for
– Experience in the Workers Compensation/CTP area in design and implementation of functional upgrading programs is desirable
– Ability to provide high quality, outcome-focused intervention aimed to achieve developed goals.
– High levels of communication.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions please call 02 4933 6895
Work experience students
If you are a Year 10 student interested in Physiotherapy as a career path, we welcome you to get in contact with us regarding possible work experience.
As part of our commitment to the development of physiotherapists we take fourth year undergraduate physiotherapy students on five-week placements. Our students come from Newcastle University as a commitment to support a local university and the Hunter region.
Our students are integrated into the physiotherapy team and are expected to function as part of a dynamic team. If you would like to do a placement at Mitchell Physiotherapy, ask your university clinical placement coordinator to contact us.
Working at Mitchell Physiotherapy
The practice principle Caroline Cooper has 20 years working experience in physiotherapy. Caroline is keen to share her experience with other physiotherapists and provides sound leadership.
We run weekly in-service programs for all physiotherapy staff and a tutorial program for new graduate staff. Mitchell Physiotherapy demonstrates its commitment to further education by providing each of its staff members with a yearly professional development budget.
If you are interested in working with us as a Physio or Administration team member, send us your resume. If we don’t have a position available, we will hold your resume for future reference.