Mitchell Physiotherapy now has a accredited exercise physiologist in our team. Anson joined the team in early May and is currently working from the Maitland office. Anson is a University of New South Wale graduate that enjoys helping clients reaching their goals. As an exercise physiologist Anson especially enjoys working with aged populations who gain more independence for exercise programs which has a positive impact on their quality of life.
There are a many reasons a person may benefit from consulting an accredited exercise physiologist. These include chronic disease management of the following conditions:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Pulmonary disease
- Metabolic disease
- Neurological disease
- Musculoskeletal diseases including arthritis, osteoporosis and osteopenia, acute and/or chronic musculoskeletal issues)
- Depression and other mental health conditions
- Cancer rehabilitation and pain management
- Assessments of functional capacity
- Advice on lifestyle modification to improve health status
- Exercise prescriptions for strength and function improvement before and after surgery
- Workplace assessments.
Anson is a NDIS, EPC and SIRA Work Cover, CTP Provider.